Some Weird Eating Habits of Americans #2

Nuts
Sometimes I get really hungry at work and want to keel over. But that wouldn't be a very professional move. So I reach for my Cheetos and scarf them down like the classy broad my parents always hoped I would grow up to be. 
I had a very strange conversation with someone the other day.

Jamie: (shoveling Cheetos down her throat covered in orange cheese powder)
Rando: Why are you not fat considering what you eat. You are what you eat.
Jamie: (a cool shrug and a sexy hair toss) Because these Cheetos have 0 grams of trans fat. It's like I'm losing weight as I eat. So I need to eat more.
Rando: Let me rephrase. Where does it all go?
Jamie: To my head.
Rando: Why don't you try eating some healthier options. Like nuts.
Jamie (eyes rolling) ...

True conversation. I swear.

I hate nuts. They make you farty and they are actually really fattening and caloric. One peanut is probably like 500 calories. I really hate every kind of nuts excluding the king of of nuts. Honey roasted peanuts that is! Everybody universally loves these. I never understood nuts in food...like Kung Pao Chicken??? What's that about. How am I supposed to eat it? Take a bite of the chicken and then a cashew? Or am I supposed to put it all in my mouth together? I just don't get it.

Speaking of nuts, Americans really seem to love trail mix. Gross. That's granola, nuts and dried fruit all mixed in one. All of those products individually  weren't repulsive enough that Americans decided one day, why don't we just combine all those ingredients to produce something totally revolting!

4 comments:

  1. "Jamie: (a cool shrug and a sexy hair toss) Because these Cheetos have 0 grams of trans fat. It's like I'm losing weight as I eat. So I need to eat more."

    Sexy? Yeah right you old cow! And it still has a lot of saturated fat and calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know Cheetos have partially hydrogenated oils in them? Do you know what partially hydrogenated oils are? They are trans fats, but companies don't have to list it on the nutrition label.

    Check this out trans fat girl:
    http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/faqs/f/hydrogenated.htm

    have fun eating your trans fatty cheetos

    ReplyDelete