The Better Greek Salad

Haven't posted anything in a while. This is because I've been traveling a ton without my heavy computer. It makes for more comfortable airport security passage. So, here is a salad I made about 3 weeks ago. It's kinda like a Greek salad but BETTER! Why? Because I made it. Just kidding. It's just better for me cause I took out all the things I don't like in a greek salad, like onions and olives. Then I added some stuff I actually like to eat that don't give me dragon breath or make me drink a gallon of water after, such as radicchio and radishes.
Basically, this salad is not really a Greek salad made better. It's just a really delicious crispy and crunchy salad. I didn't even go grocery shopping for any of the ingredients. I basically took whatever was about to go bad in the fridge, mandolined the hell out of them and took a picture. But it was still really very good.

FOR 2 (big portions)

INGREDIENTS:
1 cucumber, peeled and mandolined fine
15 radishes, mandolined fine
1/2 radicchio
1 cup feta cheese (I used those ones already cut into cubes in oil with provence herbs)
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Freshly ground pepper

PREPARATION:
Prepare the cucumber. In a big mixing bowl, add mandolined cukes with vinegar and sugar. Let sit while you prepare the other ingredients. Add the mandolined radishes to the cukes, then add the roughly chopped radicchio to the mix. crush the feta cheese with a fork and add to the salad. Toss and serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment