The more edible looking salad

Like i mentioned several times before, i really don't like tomatoes. But I seem to be always receiving heirloom tomatoes. I really haven't cooked anything in a while, so here is another post of a gorgeous salad, which can be eaten all year round but is particularly attractive during the summer because of its light, crisp crunchiness. Very similar to my previous post on The Better Greek Salad, but this is a lot prettier looking. I'd say 2 michelin star pretty!
Below is a more detailed picture. I like pictures. It helps me visualize. Because I have a poor imagination.
FOR 2
1 Kirby cucumber (or Persian cucumber, whatever your store calls it, mine calls it Mini)

1 red heirloom tomato, sliced very thin
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
7 radishes, very thinly mandolined
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Freshly ground black pepper

PREPARATION:
Peel the cukes and mandolin them. In a bowl, add the cukes, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Set aside while preparing other ingredients. Slice the tomatoes, mandolin the radishes and prepare the cheese. When everything is ready, start stacking. Arrange the tomatoes on the bottom in a circle, then add the crumbled cheese in the middle and add some radishes. Top with the seasoned cucumbers in a nice pretty circle and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment