One of Americas Many Great Inventions

The Crumb Cake! The French definitely excel in most aspects of pastry and cuisine. But there are certain things they just don't have. Like jambalaya, meatloaf, real NY style cheesecake, peanut butter cookies...I could go on for a while longer...I just love eating so much! Really don't know why they don't sell crumb cakes in Paris. It's so easy to make and so cheap to make on top of that. And the streusel is so good. Think on my next batch, I'll add double the amount of crumbs. It gets so messy and falls everywhere and it's so much fun to pick up the crumbs with your fingers off the table and eat em. Kinda gross, but I know everyone does it.
Here is a more detailed picture. I love pictures. Without visual, I hate following recipe's. Maybe because I lack imagination. But whatever. The crumbs turned out perfect. And the cake was amamazing! I think the cake recipe could even be used for a cupcake! The cake bit tastes so perfectly not sweet that you may thing it's lowfat. But I do not cook lowfat. Lowfat is for sissy's. You have been warned so embrace yourself before you shovel the whole pan of crumb cake down your throat!
MAKES 1 9.5"X9.5" (24X24cm) pan

INGREDIENTS:
FOR CRUMBS:
40g light brown sugar
70g granulated sugar
1 cup (140g) flour
7 tablespoons (100g) butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
FOR CAKE:
6 tablespoons (85g) butter
135g granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup (150ml) sour cream
1/4 teaspoon (1.5g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (5g) baking powder
1 1/4 cup (180g) flour

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (180 celcius)
to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment