If you make it...they will come

So, a little bit about me.

I moved from NYC to Paris about a year and a half ago to pursue my passion in gastronomy. French gastronomy! I came to France because it has an abundance of everything fabulous, like champagne, Hermes, bearnaise sauce, and unpasturized stinky cheese. But I haven't been able to find one of the greatest inventions ever, also known as soup dumplings. I have searched chinatown, even asked local chinese with my pathetic French, but no. They just dont make them in France.

They couldn't be so hard to make. Right?

And about an hour later...VOILA!

They turned out pretty ugly, but the taste was superbe!
I plan on perfecting my dumpling pleating skills in the very near future and will post a new set of pictures soon.

The following blog called The Cooking of Joy was extremely helpful. She has some pretty detailed instructions with video.
http://the-cooking-of-joy.blogspot.com/2009/01/xiao-long-bao-steamed-soup-dumplings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment